Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Our Choice

Yesterday, I wrote about the idea of faith.  Do we live out our lives as if we believe what we say we do?  Have we allowed the Easter story to transform us?

Another question:  do we accept the idea that God is involved in our lives, or do we explain God away?

Have you ever sat in a room with someone who is sick or hurt or angry, and just not known what to say, and then you do know what to say, and it is just the right thing to say?  Was that your fast acting mind or was that God?

Have you ever stood in front of a group of people, teaching or preaching, and all of a sudden realized that you are telling a story you never planned to tell, but you believe it is the right story to tell, just at that time?  Is that you or is that God?

I remember one day - and I may have written about this before - I was praying.  I asked God to put in my mind who might need a prayer or a word of encouragement.  A particular person who lives a few hours away came to mind.  I prayed for her and then I wrote her a card and sent it to her.  Little did I know (and I didn't know this) that she had been ill.  The day she received my card, she was coming home from the hospital.

When things like that happen, is it us or is it God?  I choose to believe that it is both.  We must be open to the prodding of God, even when we aren't aware of it.  And God is very much involved in our lives and the lives of all God's children.  Do we see it or do we ignore it?  I think it is our choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home