Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Help


 
The word for today is help.
 
The picture for today doesn't really portray my thoughts about the word "help," but I thought a cross was appropriate.
 
This morning I dropped a plastic cup of ice on the hallway floor.  It was an annoyance.  As I was cleaning it up, a retired Conference staff member came by.  She said, "Oh, let me do that."  She's a lovely lady who is almost 85 years old.  There was no way I was going to let her clean up the ice -- in fact, I was worried that she might step on an ice cube and fall down.  Even so, later, as I thought about the word "help," I was reminded of her, and of the two other staff members (younger ones) who came out and provided the needed help.
 
Help is pitching in, sacrificing one's time and serving.  Mary understood (the retired staff person) -- not only that, but helping is part of her make-up. 
 
Servanthood may be the way we were created to be.  We ignore it, we set it aside, but perhaps service is part of our make-up, too.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home