Friday, March 02, 2012

Roots and Storms

Take a look at the picture to the left.  Do you see the palm tree roots, just hanging up in the air?  The sand around them has been eroded away, and all that is there are the roots, dangling in the air.

The tree is standing high up in the air, as if it is firmly grounded.  I wonder, though, when the next storm comes through or the next hurricane, even, if the tree will still be standing.

Is that an analogy for our lives?  Do we sometimes kid ourselves, believing that we are firmly grounded, when in reality, our situation is tremulous, as best.  When the storms come and then go, will we still be standing?

My goal in Lent is to return to firmer ground through study and devotionals.  My hope is that I will read every day, and that my roots will be prompted to grow deeper and stronger.   And whether there is a storm or not, I hope I end up more firmly rooted in God.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home