Friday, August 01, 2008

Hear my prayer, O Lord

Hear me, O Lord
Hear my prayer.
Touch my mouth with your grace
Touch my heart with your grace
so that my lips are free of deceit.
Hear my prayer, O Lord.

I pray for absolution.
I pray for justification.
I pray that in your eyes I might be blameless.
Forgive me, O Lord.
Leave me sinless.

Listen to my heart,
Come in the darkness
Visit me by night
In me you will find sin.
In me you will find selfishness and pride.
If you listen to me,
You may hear my lies.
Listen to my heart, anyway, O Lord,
And clean me of my sin.

The world around me is filled with hatred.
Sometimes I fear it seeps into my heart.
Free me of violence.
Help me to avoid the ways of the world.

I try to walk your path, O Lord.
I'm attempting to follow your way.
I fear my feet may slip,
so hold my hand,
guide my step,
light the path for me.

I know that when I call upon you,
You will answer me.
You are faithful and loving.
Turn this way,
Listen to my prayers, O Lord
Hear my words.

Cover me with your grace.
Hold me in your love
You are my savior.
You are our savior.
You rescue us when we are falling
And you keep us safe.

In gratitude, I send you my prayer
For you love is wonderful,
Your grace is complete.
Turn your ear this way, O Lord
And hear my prayer.


A Confessional prayer based on Psalm 17:1-7.
Image: Sky on the way to work this morning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home