Monday, December 25, 2006

Two Christmas Tidbits

The following conversation happened yesterday in our living room between my mom (C) and our younger son, J:

C: Do you know why we give each other birthday presents on Christmas?
J: They're not birthday presents. Its not our birthday.
C: It's Jesus' birthday so we give each other birthday presents since we can't give them to him.
J: But we give him a present every day.
C: We do? What is it?
J: We love him.

And I don't think I could write a better post than that.

I received an electronic Christmas card from one of the subscribers to our church's Advent to Epiphany devotional. I like what it said so much that I'm going to reprint it here:

Jesus humbled himself.
He went from commanding angels
To sleeping in the straw.
From holding stars
To cluthing Mary's finger.
The palm that held the universe
Took the nail of a soldier.

Why?

Because that's what love does
(Max Lucado)

The gift of God
The birth of Christ.
This is Christmas
This is love

Blessings to you.

We know love by this, that he laid down his life for us—
and we ought to lay down our lives for one another.
(1 John 3:16)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home