Sunday, October 15, 2006

Love is all you need

The following is based on our Children's Sabbath service today, planned and implemented by our youth and their leaders with musical help from the children, and love from the congregation.

Love.
Just love.
All you need is love.

It began with announcements,
delivered with finesse.
Prelude.
Trumpet and trombones.
A debut.
I Love you Lord.
Perhaps that is where we should all begin.
A prelude to our church life.
Our entire life.

Where is love?
It is down in my heart.
Love for Jesus.
Peace.
Happy, so very happy.

Worship began with a call.
All you need is love.
Are you sure?
Yes, love is all you need.
What is it?
It bears, believes, hopes and endures.
Love never ends.

Confession.
I have not loved as I should.
Jesus has.
Jesus loves me.
Me?
Thank you God, for love.
For all of our blessings.
For love most of all.

Church.
Where children are teachers,
and adults are children of God,
prepared to hear a lesson.
LOL: Love out loud.
Is it easy?
No, but it is all we need.

Response.
Giving of ourselves and our gifts.
The Lost Sheep gather,
and love is ushered forward.
Prayer.

Love lifted me.
From sin, from despair.
Love lifted me.
Even me!
Jesus completely saves.
He is the Master of the Sea.
Love lifted me.
Even me!

Welcome children in my name.
Welcome me.
Welcome the one who sent me.
Truth from the Word of God.
Truth from the words of Youth.
May it be so.

Proclamation from a teenager
From many teenagers.
From a woman and a man.
Love Stories

The Good Samaritan
Beaten, robbed.
Left.
Passed by a dude.
Ignored by another.
Saved by a girl and her donkey.
Donkey?

Heart Gallery.
Children needing love.
Love is all they need.
Will you give it?

Two youth.
Be yourself, and I'll show you how.
Why?
Because that's what friends are for.

CASA
A heart home for hurt children
A home in your heart.
Will you speak for them?

Two youth.
Hunger of the heart.
Way. Truth. Life.
Surely it is a great day!

Love Train.
Come to church to dance.
Dance for God,
To celebrate Youth.
To show them that, truly,
Love is all you need.

Join hands,
make a knot.
May the Lord bless you,
shine upon you,
turn his face to you,
and give you peace.
Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love lifted me...thanks for lifting up the youth, and thanks to the youth for lifting us up.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home