Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ten things on my desk

(Click on image for a clearer look)

Just for fun, here's my desk at work (And believe me, you'll never see my desk at home. A geological team would have a field day with my home desk, digging through the layers). I've labeled 10 things with numbers:

  1. Data, data and more data. And that's only part of it. Much more is stored in other places. Also on these shelves are books of procedures and regulatory manuals. Fun reading.
  2. This is a box over a natural gas jet and vacuum regulator. Don't you have one of those on your desk? I keep I box over it so I don't kill myself by mistake.
  3. These are pictures of my guys.
  4. My CD shelf, ranging from The Beatles to Third Day to Matt Redman to instrumental soundtracks. Variation.
  5. Computer. If you lifted its skirt, you would see that it has no A: drive, no CD drive, and no working USB port. Do NOT load any files onto this computer. They like a "closed system" here.
  6. My basket of remotes -- one for the little shelf unit on my desk, and one for a CD player across the room that I use for my satellite radio. I use the remotes for quick silencing when I'm working, and someone comes into the room.
  7. Blue folder for purchase orders. It is sitting on top of a Copyright release form for our newest publication.
  8. VBS notebook (that would be vacation Bible school, not some weird scientific thing).
  9. Just so you'll know this is MY desk, those are highlighters -- all colors -- just cause I like them.
  10. Hiding behind my CD/stereo is a porcelain carrot. We do vitamin A research -- you should eat your carrots -- they're good for you.

Just so you'll know, after I took the picture, I had to go clean off my desk. I couldn't stand it. You would think that I am one person at work (who likes a clean desk) and another person at home (who can't find her desk under all the -- um -- stuff).

Does your desk tell anybody anything about you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Beck said...

Look how clean that office is. Wow! I wish mine looked that great.

Blessings to you.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks, Kenny. The truth is, I wish the neat me from work would come visit me at home. At work, everything has a place; at home, nothing has a place. I think the "real me" is the messy one.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home