See, I am sending my messenger to prepare the way before me, and the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple. The messenger of the covenant in whom you delight--indeed, he is coming, says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 3:1
I read a devotional concerning this verse today. It asked an interesting question: "For whom do you prepare the way?"
Preparing the way for the Lord is an important role that we all have. Are there ways you can think of that you have or are preparing the way for God?
- I hope I prepare the way for my children. I worry that I don't make the way clear enough for them.
- I am the coordinator for our church's devotional ministry. I hope that maintaining the subscription list and recruiting writers is preparing the way for the message of God to be communicated through this ministry.
- I believe there are ways that the work we do at the Foundation prepares the way for ministry.
- I teach Sunday school and sometimes I am privileged to preach. Is that preparing the way?
- When I serve on an Emmaus walk, I hope there are times that I prepare the way.
I do know that there is joy in the preparation.