I picked this up from the EZasPi knitting list from Elaine, who got it from her 16 year old son, JJ:
Your Age by Chocolate MathDON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST! -- It takes less than a minute. Work this out as you read ... Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
- First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate(more than once but less than 10)
- Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
- Add 5
- Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator
- If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 ... If you haven't, add 1754.
- Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number. The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week). The next two numbers are your age (Oh YES, it is!!!!!) This is the only year (2005) that it will ever work, so spread it around now.